Sunday 2 March 2014

Foodies: Top Restaurants I've Eaten Part 1

Whilst I am a very fussy eater, I can't help but define it as 'good tastes'. Analysing food is what top critics do and that's what I intend to do every time I eat something. What scale would I put this meal 1 or 10? In my opinion, I have the similar traits of Anton Ego from the classic Disney film Ratatouille. It's only because I want to get that sudden silence and loud pencil dropping effect when I have my first bite! 
Do you have perspective? I'll make a deal, you provide the food, I'll provide the perspective

1. Nando's - I think everyone can agree with me that Nando's dominates the competition. You are able to choose your own scale of intense heat for your chicken and have some amazing sides such as fresh olives, nuts, chips and salad. It is a perfect place to go with friends and enjoy a Sunday dinner. The layout of the restaurant pays tribute to Africa as the restuarant originates from a Mozambique theme.  On my scale of 1 to 10 it has to peak at 8. My favourite meal is the 1/2 chicken with lemon and herb Peri Peri sauce and a side of chips and corn on the cob. The flavour is not spicy yet it has a zesty kick. Also, I like to add on the side a hotter alternative Wild Herb. The chicken is soft, the chips are fried to crispy perfection and the corn on the cob is the cherry on the top. Might I suggest a slap of butter on the corn and a side of refreshing olives?

2. Prezzo - having been raised in a Dolmio infested household, it is impossible to for me to not enjoy the delicious goods that the fine Italian chefs have to offer. This is why I love Prezzo so much, they have a very welcoming and sophisticated presence and their meals are piping hot and fresh. Unlike Nando's the structure of the building is quite simple and even has a small bar to give it that extra family atmosphere. On my scale of 1 to 10 it has to peak at 7. My favourite meal would be the spaghetti carbonara. I enjoy very cheesy platters so this is why carbonara is my favourite out of the entire catalogue. The sauce is very creamy and Prezzo use finely sliced Prosciutto ham. Top tip: always put Parmesan cheese and mix the spaghetti with your fork! It gives the flavour of the sauce an extra cheesy taste. Mamma Mia! 

3. The Real China - the buffet restaurant that allows yourself to drive out of your comfort zone and dive into trying new and mystical flavours. The beauty of this restaurant is that one plate is not enough! The buffet offers you are smorgasbord of platters such as dumplings, fishy surprises, sweet meats, soups, I could go on! On my scale of 1 to 10 it will have fall at 7 also! My favourite meal that I generally scoop on my plate are crab cakes, crunchy seaweed, egg fried rice, pork and shrimp dumplings, duck and squid! For desert, I snatch a shot glass of chocolate mousse and a deliciously rich slice of cheesecake. Despite this restaurant is limited in locations, it is worth experiencing the nature of the food! #orientallove