Monday 10 March 2014

Miniature Dachshund, The #Dog TAG



Part of my life consists of looking after one of the cutest breeds of dog known to mankind, the Dachshund. Famously known as 'weiner' or 'hotdogs' because of their long spine. What's even better is that I have a miniature one, one big enough to cradle like a baby. Her name is Pippa and she is two years old. But don't let age deceive you, she still looks and acts like a little baby. Whilst having a nervous personality towards other dogs, she is not afraid to bark at strangers in our home like a Rottweiler. She was successful in scaring two German shepherd dogs away. Keep trying, buddy! 


She was born in Wales to a boy called Hugo and a girl called Trudy. Her pedigree name is Eskims Gaslight Girl! I should think so too! When she farts, its like a dynamite fuse has been burnt!


She loves to chew on bottles, toys (particularly a hamburger toy or a furry monkey), go on walks and likes to strut around whenever we dress her up in her Christmas dress or furry necked coat. On her birthday, we made her an amazing cake out of bread, liver patte, bone treats and smarties (purely for decoration).




My godparents have an old regular dachshund and I fell in love with it instantly. I always wanted another dog ever since we sold my cat's kittens and the time we had to sell my cocker spaniel, Nala. A connection between a man and dog is so intriguing. I love Pippa unconditionally and she always cheers me up whenever I am down. Those big, glossy and empty eyes just put a grin on my face.



 Here are a few facts about Dachshunds:



  • They originate from Germany and are a cross breed between Toy Terriers and Pinschers
  • Their name originates from dachs (badger) and hund (dog)
  • They can suffer from spinal disc problems as they get older due to their long spines and short rib cages
  • They live on an average of 13 years.






Cutest moments: 

  1. When I played the piano, she would always come by and sing along to it like a werewolf howling at the moon.
  2. When we adopted her, she quickly went to the toilet in a cage before she left. A pit stop before hitting the road!
  3. I was rocking out to a tune when I accidentally kicked her in the face. She cried a little yelp and her eye kept shimmering as if I punched her like a gangster.
  4. In the garden, a bumblebee stung her in the nose which caused her to look like a hippo. Her nose is long but it became wider. It was shockingly funny.
  5. Whenever we give her slices of ham it looks like she vacuums it up in her mouth. Whenever we give her carrots, she lies on her belly and holds the carrot like a stick or a bar of chocolate
  6. When she has her ears folded inside out, it looks as if she has become a bat or E.T.


    The amount of memories I have had with this little furball has been so fulfilling in my teenage years. Since I am an only child, she is the one thing I can look after, call my own and play with.