Saturday 15 March 2014

My Disney Collection Part 1 #Disney

Toy Story 3 Movie Poster
Toy Story 3: I wasn't entirely impressed by the first two films as I was with this one. It's probably because this film dealt with more teenage issues that I will be facing soon such as no longer playing with toys and that I will one day leave for university. This film is a reminder of every person's childhood innocence and how each toy is like a best friend. I love that this film is so adventurous and also portrays real emotions. My favourite character is Buzz Lightyear. I love the scene where he transforms into a Latin dancer trying to impress Jessie. 
Finding Nemo: Fish are friends not food! This has been one of my life quotes since the film was released. I am a serious Finding Nemo fan, I travelled to Sydney in 2006, been to millions of aquariums and have scuba dived and snorkelled. I practically accomplished most activities that have occurred in that film. The DVD was released on my 7th birthday and I also predicted the same year that a new Finding Nemo will be released. And it will! What I love most about Finding Nemo is the fact that Disney Pixar have designed a story based on the mysterious creatures of the underwater world and has educated me about different types of fish. It is an emotional story about a kid's father who wanders from afar to find him. Finding Nemo has a very heroic theme behind it and gives the sense that sea life act as a community, as a team.
The Lion King: Probably my favourite film of all time. I love the theatrical nature of this film which features heartbreak, triumph over evil and a singing meerkat and warthog! I even went to see the West End production of Lion King for my mum's birthday and it was phenomenal. The colours, the animals, the tribal dances, it was a dream come true. Also, in the Summer of 2013 I took up the opportunity to go to Kenya for a month and saw the majority of all the animals on safari. My favourite character is Simba because he got up the courage to take matters into his own hands and prove to people the extent of his power.
Aladdin: If I had 3 wishes on an Arabian night, that would be a very difficult situation. This exotic cartoon portrays a poor boy that falls in love with a princess.  When I went to Morocco, I could see the exact resemblance of the fictional town Agraba. My favourite character is Genie because he is fast, snappy, funny and caring. The most memorable scene for me is where Jasmine and Aladdin sit on the roof and watch the fireworks burst in the sky. So romantic!
Ratatouille: One adorable mouse that changes the face of French cuisine. This film beautifully captures one of the most jaw dropping cities in the world with an adorable mouse that is willing to push the boundaries of being one of the most detested species on earth into a chef/artist. My favourite character of course is Remy because he never gives up on his dream and his feisty attitude allows him to triumph all the challenges in his life. Like Chef Gusteau says 'Only the fearless cooks can be the greatest'.
Frozen: After seeing the magic of Tangled, I knew straight away that Frozen wouldn't disappoint. I first watched it during the end of the Christmas period at a family friend's house. The film is a dazzling work of art. I love the winter theme behind it and the fact that it draws inspiration from the fictional character, The White Witch. The plot is adorable and displays the power of love in so many different ways and that inner conflict can be eradicated. My favourite character is Olaf the Snowman, he is adorable and so very confused about the season of summer. I also downloaded the motion picture soundtrack for this film as I found myself humming 'Let It Go' one week later. This film has the potential to become a huge West End or Broadway theatrical phenomenon that I would watch over and over.