Monday 13 January 2014

Written In the Stars...

As I was born in February, I think it would be interesting to give you a flavour of what my personality is like in accordance to the stars.

My zodiac sign is Pisces, which is Latin for 'Fish'.

It is the twelfth and final sign of the zodiacal cycle.

We are often described as selfless, spiritual however very deep in emotion. We are able to feel the burdens and joys of ourselves as well as the people around us.

We have a charitable and romantic element to our personalities. In my opinion, I am a hopeless romantic and I do believe in treating a woman with the highest of respect. Also, nothing gives me greater satisfaction knowing I made a difference to someone's life.

Of course, we are very sensitive but we are not pushovers. Our strength lies in our emotions and we are seen as unpredictable, similarly to the waves of the ocean.

One word to describe us is 'dreamy'. We envision paradise, natural beauty, peace, serenity.

The pair of fish is related to the idea of the yin and yang. As Pisces, the illusory world and reality complete each other. This can be interpreted as we have imaginative and visionary minds. We can see things in a different light and we express ourselves freely.

Pisces have a passion for swimming. It is considered therapeutic in our eyes as it is an escape from the stress and pain therefore we can eliminate the background noise, tension and relax in a pool of our thoughts and feelings.

Pisces is ruled by Jupiter and Neptune. In ancient Roman mythology, Jupiter (the original ruler of Pisces) was the king of the gods, while Neptune was the ruler of the seas. When Neptune was discovered in recent times, it was attached to this sign. The pairing of these two heavenly bodies results in some unique energies being directed toward Pisces here on Earth.

One mythological story in relation to Pisces, is that it represents the fish that Aphrodite/Venus and Eros/Cupid transformed into in order to escape the 'father of all monsters', Typhon.

I am a stronger believer of science, however I do find it an interesting how my personality is parallel to that of the myths and stories behind this sign. I describe myself as a bucket of emotions and am very unpredictable in my actions. I take on every day with a different approach and see where it takes me.