Tuesday 14 January 2014

All Around The World... Asia

Previously stated, I have travelled to 5 different continents. However, why stop there?
In these upcoming blogs, I will present you my current top holiday destinations I would love to go to in my life. Firstly, we start with Asia...



1. Japan
Moshi Moshi! I left my heart in Tokyo, down by the river don't you know? Japan: the land which gave birth to Anime, Hello Kitty, Sushi and out of this world video games! Much of my passion lies in history, however Japan instantly becomes the exception in certain ways. Nothing would thrill me more than to see the blinding lights of Tokyo centre and buying myself something only the next generation can provide to the world. A robot perhaps? Also, a nice hot spring bath with a plate of 'fishy delights' would be a perfect way to relax and isolate yourself from the real world. Japan is the place where your imagination can run wild. I heard that Japanese businessmen enjoy a bit o' karaoke. They ain't seen nothing until I step up on that stage...
2. India
What could be more perfect than a spicy, 'curry fused' trip to the Land of Festivals? The blood orange sun radiating upon the beauty that is Taj Mahal, colourful peacocks opening their feathers like a fan, blooming lotuses on the ponds... Ever since I've learnt about the history of Hinduism, I've been fascinated by the mysterious culture of India. I would love to see the movie centre of Bollywood and the bursting diversity of wildlife such as the Bengal tigers or the deadly cobras. If there is a jungle or local village, it will immediately resurrect the film: Jungle Book into an actual Disney reality...


3. China
The Forbidden City. The untouched paradise that is Asia's dreamland. For years, I have been driven to make a trip to China however, it remains to this day to be a dream. To experience the full extent of China's greatness, you need a lot more than a week's worth of holiday. Several films, cartoons and music videos displaying China as a prosperous, rich and historical country has made me more eager to reach it. The architecture of the buildings and the famous landmarks such as the Great Wall of China and the Imperial Palace have always remained in my mind. I am already in love with the art, food and traditions this country has to offer. What could be more therapeutic than drinking tea, eating dumplings and meditating to find one's inner peace? Also, I want to learn more about the military power of China and see the Terracotta Warriors of the Qin dynasty. Both history and modern features attract my attention, for example, China is famous for its vibrantly coloured acrobatics, soothing music, theatre and intense martial arts. In my opinion, China is a symbol of artistic expression and freedom and that is what I crave to see...