Tuesday 20 September 2016

Moving Into University

Dear Readers,

This week has been a busy one. After 4 months of working at Royal Ascot, The Swan and going to Azerbaijan, I packed my bags to prepare for the next university year. That's right! I'm a second year student...time flies so quickly when you're having fun. Seems like yesterday I was in my shoe box of a room in Carnatic halls surrounded by all my friends. Now, it seems as dynamics haven't changed, just the geographical nature of them have.

This Saturday, I moved into my first ever house. 4 of us have arrived and there is one more to go. Ever since stepping foot into it, I feel as if I am closer to adulthood than ever. More responsibilities have arisen, for example cooking for myself day in and day out, making sure that the entire house is clean and that I obviously stick to my academic studies.

With regards to my house, it has several communal areas that are far more comfortable than Carnatic. For starters, it has a kitchen that is large enough to have a table installed, as well as a gas hob and oven. This means, that I can now finally start to cook for myself a variety of foods as well as meat which I couldn't do in a catered environment. Goodbye microwaving pasta with pesto and grated cheese everyday! Another benefit is that me and my house mates can all have a social dining experience instead of standing up or sitting down on the counters.

Secondly, in terms of bedroom size, my bedroom is the largest and its in the shape of an L. I find this extremely useful as my desk is hidden away in the corner and my double bed and my storage is in the other part of the room. Unlike Carnatic, this means that I am not squashed into a cube of a room, barely being able to move and mentally fighting over where to do university work. The bed usually won and I ended up waking up in the middle of the night spooning my books instead of reading them.

Here are some photos of my amazing room! I am so proud of it and I intend to print some photos to decorate it with and a few posters to add a little colour to it.

Have a lovely week!