Friday 19 August 2016

My Goals

Dear Readers,

Its been a while since I have written a personal blog post about myself.
During my relatively non eventful summer I've started to make a list of certain goals I would like to achieve in the near future and I thought it would be fun to share with you my aspirations. One of the things people close to me would know that I am very ambitious and very pro the idea that once you have achieved a goal or dream, your next step is to set up a new one. The only way is up right?

So, let's begin....

1. Firstly, I would love to create a travel blog. In fact, I am thinking of converting making a few blogs based on different passions but one of my main hobbies is to travel. This summer I went to Baku in Azerbaijan as part of the ELSA law programme where I had the opportunity to learn about business law and see what the mysterious city of Baku had to offer. Essentially, I feel that on all my travels, I have interesting stories to tell and they are worth telling.

2. I would love to create a YouTube and Vine channel that incorporates the different slices of my personality and give people a variety as to who Vlad is and what he loves. Essentially, I like making people laugh, telling them interesting stories, being sassy, I could go on...Essentially, it would be an excellent opportunity to increase more confidence talking towards a camera. Like every person, I do have some shy traits, for example, I tend to laugh an awful lot when I'm nervous or stumble on my words. Hence, this could be a good idea to try and tackle that...

3. I would love to do something really spontaneous like modelling because again, I tend to have some insecurities and I think its important to tackle in some shape or form. I've often been told I've got a good jawline, so why not give it a go? Hey, even if no one wants to see my 'mug' then it doesn't matter, you've got to try something at least once haha...

4. I would love to write a story. I would say I'm quite imaginative and I think I could create some short or long form of a story. It would be interesting how that work out. Obviously, this is a long term idea and I hope to one day pursue it. My English tutor used to always assign me various creative writing ideas and I would always pursue them. These are some of the projects I created when I was younger - a gothic horror story of a man coming home and seeing his wife murdered (intense...I know), a woman who suffered from domestic abuse and how she overcame it, a small story on the Titanic, a futuristic adventure where a teen boy hero rescues his town from oxygen deprivation (lots of action) and I could go on...Imagination never has any limits.

5. Next summer, I would love to go inter-railing with a pack of friends across Europe and discover what this amazing continent has to offer. I have traveled it extensively myself, but it will be far more different with a giant rucksack on my back, living on trains and cheap hostels for a month. That is a true adventure..

6. In addition, hopefully after achieving good grades and university and doing a masters, I would love to take a gap year out and travel from Asia to Australia to South America and create a lot of lifetime memories. This goal is also very long term and I have been working this summer to begin my funding. Essentially, I want to work and earn the entire funding for it because that is equally an accomplishment. This summer, I have worked at Ascot Windsor through a catering agency and now at a gastro pub in Farnborough, The Swan. I've earnt about £1.5k so far...a good foundation and I am going to create a savings account and keep fuelling it with my monthly payments.

7. I would love to start going to the gym and participate more in sports in order to gain a bit more muscle and obviously to improve my health. Junk food, TV and napping isn't really the way to go haha so it will be interesting to see if I can push myself to get stronger and more muscular. But essentially, I want to get both physical and mental strength that can be transferred into other areas of my life.

And there it is essentially! These are my 7 main goals in the future, I hope to tick these off one by one throughout the years to come and to aspire to make more goals and continue to achieve.